ENTER TO WIN ONE OF TWO SCHOLARSHIPS TO VO ATLANTA 2016 TAKING PLACE MARCH 3-6, 2016
Application Deadline: Dec 14th at 5 pm PST – Thank you for your submissions!
Scholarship Awarded: Dec 18th
Congratulations to our Winners!
Carol Joy Memorial Scholarship Winner: David Toback, Orlando, FL
International Scholarship Winner: Sean Dealy, Nagasaki, Japan
Call for Applicants for 2 Scholarship Offerings:
The Carol Joy Memorial Scholarship – National (US Residents Only):
In Loving Memory of Carol Joy Knizek
- VIP Registration to VO Atlanta 2016: includes access to all panels, breakout sessions, and networking activities. The only exceptions to the general admission are X-sessions.
- 3 days Hotel Accommodations
- $500 Travel Allowance
- TOTAL Scholarship Value $1,347!!!
International Scholarship (Voice Over artists residing outside of the US)
- VIP Registration to VO Atlanta 2016 : includes access to all panels, breakout sessions, and networking activities. The only exceptions to the general admission are X-sessions. ($547 Value)
- NEW!!!! Included are 3 Days Hotel Accommodations – Thanks to an incredibly generous anonymous donation!
- NEW!!! $500 Travel Allowance included – Thanks to another incredibly generous anonymous donation!!!!
- TOTAL Scholarship Value $1,347!!!
Thank you to Gerald Griffith for your generous support and donations to the Scholarship Fund! VO Peeps is so appreciative!
How to enter!
Applicants Must Agree to the following:
- Scholarship(s) must be available in order to apply. When available, Scholarship(s) and corresponding Call for Applicants will be posted prominently on this site, as well as advertised through various Social Media channels.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must not have received a VO Peeps Scholarship (needs based) within the past calendar year (within date of Application Deadline)
- Winners of Raffle Scholarships (who have contributed to the fund with the purchase of tickets) ARE eligible
- Clearly display a passion for voiceovers, voiceover acting & voiceover performance, and demonstrate a need for this Scholarship in order to be eligible.
- Students, veterans & disabled persons strongly encouraged to apply
- Aspiring & Part Time talent also eligible.
- Applicants agree to allow their story and all associated files and/or photographs to be published in all media forms
- Winning Applicant must accept or decline Award within 2 days of notification
- If Winning Recipient declines, another applicant will be chosen
- All products and/or services Awarded hold no cash value, and may not be exchanged
- All travel and/or transportation receipts required and shall be submitted to email@example.com prior to reimbursement
- Reimbursement (up to $500 USD) for associated travel expenses will occur within 30 days of receipt of required documentation
- A written essay (no more than 2 pages) detailing current voiceover work experience and planned objectives and desire for growing your business, as well as established need OR For aspiring and part time talent, a written essay (no more than 2 pages) detailing your desire to enter the voiceover field and established need.
- A recorded version of the essay, spoken by the applicant, attached to application in mp3 format. Video formats also accepted.
- Recorded Audition for VO Atlanta 2016 Promo Spot in mp3 format – Select (one) piece of copy only! DOWNLOAD COPY HERE
- Submit applications by December 14, 2015 at 5PM to firstname.lastname@example.org . Be sure to include your Contact/Personal Info including Name, address, Daytime & evening phone numbers, E-Mail address
All applications will be reviewed by a panel of industry professionals. Scholarship winners are chosen by a board of industry professionals on the basis of financial need, personal circumstances and achievements, educational goals, and the likely impact of the scholarship on their lives. Winners will be announced December 18 2015 – Watch this website and VO Peeps social media channels for the latest news and developments!
About VO Atlanta 2016:
VO Atlanta is an annual voiceover conference held in Atlanta, Georgia. Featuring VO talent, agents, and other industry resources from around the world, it’s THE place to be! Over the course of four days, VO Atlanta presents the best of the voiceover industry. See what it’s all about at http://voatlanta.me
Don’t miss Thursday’s Special Event: A National Meetup with ANNE GANGUZZA!
Visit Anne in Atlanta – Gerald Griffith says:
“Now it’s a party. Let’s welcome Anne Ganguzza back to VO Atlanta as our Lead Moderator and Conference Host, VO Atlanta 2016. Anne and her hosting team will be ‘Elevating’ VO Atlanta to another level through interviews, panels, and so much more. You don’t want to miss a minute.”
Please consider donating to this worthwhile cause! You could help to change someones life. Your investment allows us to set bold goals in 2016, reaching voiceover professionals and aspiring artists around the globe with educational opportunity and a helping hand. We strongly believe that there is no more valuable investment than education and financial help when it is needed, and the life change it provides.
Our efforts are focused on helping as many in the Voiceover Community as we can. We recognize you have many choices of where to direct your philanthropy and take our role as stewards of your gift extremely seriously.
Thank you for your support as we continue to scale and reach out to the Community, providing educational access and opportunity. Your partnership allows us to plan with confidence, and your commitment to help create global change through education makes this possible.